1) A Computer network consists of __ number of computers or servers or systems.
2) A computer network may contain __.
C) Intelligent devices capable of receiving and sending data
3) The purpose of a computer network is ___.
A) Sharing information or files or applications
B) Sharing of resources like printers, scanners
C) Monitoring and controlling of devices in the network from a central location
4) The types of communication media used to connect different computers of a network are ___.
A) Physical wires
B) Wireless media like RF (Radio Frequency) devices
5) The categories of a Computer network based on the area of coverage are __.
A) LAN (Local Area Network)
B) MAN (Metropolitan Area Network)
C) WAN (Wide Area Network)
6) The computer networks classified based on the functionality are ___.
A) Client Server
C) Both Client-Server and Peer-to-Peer
7) In a peer to peer computer networking architecture, each computer acts as a ___.
C) Both server and client depending the need
8) In a Peer to Peer network architecture, all computers have equal priority. State TRUE/FALSE.
9) In a peer to peer network, who controls the devices?
A) First computer
10) Advantages of a Peer to Peer computer network are __.
A) Easy maintenance
11) Disadvantages of a Peer to Peer computer network are __.
A) Any one tamper data
C) Difficult to maintain large data as any one can modify or delete
12) A server is a ___ that controls a number of computers and also has full control over the network.
D) Computer with a special software
13) In a Client-Server computer network or architecture, all nodes can __ data.
14) Which network is highly secure between a Peer-to-Peer or a Client-Server?
15) In a Client-Server network architecture, the main data or files are stored on the __.
A) Individual PCs
16) Choose the correct statements about a Client-Server networking model.
A) Server software is costly to acquire and renew
B) Dedicated admin people are required to monitor and grant resources to normal computers or nodes. So this client-server network is highly secure.
C) The hardware of a Server PC is costly
17) Which is the computer network that covers a small area like a room, building or a campus?
A) LAN ( Local Area Network )
B) WAN ( Wide Area Network )
C) MAN ( Metropolitan Area Network )
18) Which is the network that can cover an entire city?
Cable TV networks span over an entire city. Those use Metropolitan Area Networks.
19) Which is the network that covers large geographical area like more than one city?
Yes. WAN - Wide Area Network covers a number of cities.
20) Which network is bigger between a MAN and WAN?