1) Python first version was released in the year ____.
2) Who developed Python language?
A) Dennis Ritchie
Yes. Guido Van Rossum invented Python programming language.
3) Which are the popular sponsors of Python Software Foundation (PSF)?
A) Google, Bloomberg, Meta
C) Microsoft, Salesfore, CapitalOne, Corning
Other sponsors are Red Hat, Coiled, Anaconda, Ramp, Motional, IBM, Oracle, Jetbrains, Docker etc
4) The Python logo contains ___ number of snakes?
The PYTHON logo contains two snakes lying side by side in Blue and Yellow colours.
5) Guido Van Rossum started developing Python language after getting inspiration from ____ language.
6) The name PYTHON was adopted from which TV show?
B) Craig Robinson's Killing It
C) Monty Python's Flying Circus
7) Python is a ___ level programming language.
A) Low level
8) Python is ____ typed language.
9) Python is a ____ language.
A) Object Oriented
10) The most popular version of Python used is ____.
The Python 2.7 was supported officially from 03.03.2010 to 01.01.2020.
11) Python 3.0 was released in the year ____.
Python 3.0 was released in 2008 itself. But it was not adopted to the maximum extent until recently. In 2022, Python 3.6 is in production and the support for Python 3.0 is already discontinued.
12) Choose the correct statement about Python Flavors below?
A) Python flavor is like implementation technology
B) Python flavor is like variation to existing compiler type
C) Python flavor is like supporting the python code using another programming language
13) PyCon is ___.
A) Python Conference held at different places of the world to promote Python language
B) Another flavor of Python
C) Python for database connections
PyCon is short form of Python Conference.
14) Which is the correct sentence about Python Programming language below?
A) Python code can be embedded inside another programming language.
B) Code from another programming language can embedded inside Python code.
C) We can choose a specific compiler (available in the market) that supports another programming language along with Python.
15) Which is the default compiler for Python Language?
16) CPython compiler is written in ___ programming language.
17) You can compiler programs written in ___ language using CPython.
18) Choose the correct statement below about variations or flavors of Python?
A) PyPy - Python Compiler that compiles all lines of python code into byte code in a single shot
B) IronPython - Compiler that supports writing python programs using .NET (DotNet) runtime
C) Jython - Compiler that supports Python programs on Java Virtual Machine
19) Which are the different flavors of Python below?
A) MicroPython - Python for Microcontrollers
B) Stackless Python - A CPython variation to support Micro Theads
C) winpython - Scientific python for windows machines
20) Which are the other flavors of Python?
A) Anaconda Python - Python distribution for data management, analysis and visualizations
B) Enthought Canopy - Commercial python distribution for scientific data processing
C) ActiveState ActivePython - Python for scientific data processing in commercial and community editions
21) What is Cython?
A) Another Compiler like CPython
C) A language that is superset of C and Python
Yes. Cython is another language that supports both C and Python.
22) What are the applications of Python language?
A) Web Development frameworks like Django and Pyramid
B) SciPy (Packages containing Maths, Science and Engineering), Pandas (used for Data Analysis), IPython (A Shell console for editing works with the support of Virtualization and Parallel Computing)
C) wxWidgets ( used for GUI apps on Desktop ), Kivy (For writing touch applications)
23) What are the applications of Python?
A) Micro frameworks such as Flask, Bottle
B) Packages for handling data like HTML and XML, JSON, Emails, FTP, IMAP
C) HTTP Request processing, HTML Parser, RSS/ATOM feed processor, Networking support
Python also has other application areas like building, compiling and testing code using BuildBot, Gump etc. For tracking bugs and project management, there are packages like Roudup and Trac.
24) Python language is used in the fields ____
A) Gaming, GUI development
B) Scientific and Numeric applications
C) Web development, Designing tools for Project Management
25) Identify other python compilers below?